Monday, May 5, 2008

Ma and Pa

We recently got called to be a Ma and Pa for the Stake Youth Conference Trek in July. Burke has been on one trek and I have never been so we are really excited to be able to serve and be with the youth. We are going up to Martin's Cove which will make it even more significant since that is where everything really did happen. We definitely need to brush up on our Pioneer history and learn about all the details before we go. I didn't realize what we were really getting ourselves into until we went to our first meeting. We are going right in the middle of rattle snake season (they did not inform us of that when we accepted haha)!!! We are looking forward to this experience and very happy that we get to do it together. It does feel crazy that we are going as leaders because we are only a few years older than some of the youth and one of the youngest couples going. However, I know it is going to be a great experience and I hope that we will be able to teach the youth as much as I am sure we will learn from them!!

3 comments:

kate said...

You guys are going to be awesome Ma and Pa! That sounds like fun!

Melisa said...

My mom and I are mailing you my old bonnet and skirt by the way! I love you!

Fern said...

Hey Teresa,
I just red about you going to Martins Cove in July... Kami and Phil are also going this July. the 16th through the 20th. That would be great if you were there together. Love you guys, and I enjoy catching up on how you are doing.