Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What I Love

I love when Burke gets excited about things. I am not sure what kind of tree it is but it has these certain leaves on them that Burke calls "Helicopter leaves. " The wind was slightly blowing when I came home from work... Burke went to go get the mail and ran into get me to show me all the "Helicopter leaves" flying everywhere. It felt like some kind of movie....kind of like the movie "Twister" when all of those metal things flew out of the truck. Anywho, that is just one of God's little toys that Burke has pointed out to me since we have been married.

I love that the weather is warming up in Provo. It has been in the high eighties lately and we have totally taken advantage. Saturday was a blast. We both didn't have work of school work to do so we loaded the whole day of things together! We figured that we should start getting in shape for our trek so we hiked the "Y" ( you don't really live in Provo until you have done it)... and realized that we have some work to do :)!
After hiking we decided that it would be a great day to paint this door that we are turning into a picture frame. It was fun to pick out the color and finally get it finished...i will have to post it again when we get it all finished (with pictures inside). This was Burke's idea and I just love it!!!
Also, I am a little short for our apartment and can never reach the top shelfs. Burke was so thoughtful to pick out this stool for me so I don't have to climb up on our counter tops when he isn't home...it works perfectly.For the end of the night Burke surprised me with movie tickets to the movie "Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian!" It was really really good. I would recommend it to anyone...I even liked it more than the first one!! We had a great day and only wish that we could have more like this with out school and work....Burke's uncle reminded us that days like this are important (never forget to take time to spend together) because "life is the moment that you're in."

7 comments:

Ben & Kim said...

You two are adorable. That looks so fun. We miss doing fun stuff like that. The only hike we've been doing lately is five houses down and back. Ha ha we are loving every minute of it. Great post. love you guys!

Jer & Mick said...

How fun! Thats awesome you guys can have so much fun together and get so creative. Thats what makes being married so much fun.

Jenna Marie said...

Sounds like such a great weekend. You guys are so great together. I love that picture frame thing too! I've seen that idea before and have wanted to do it for a while, but I haven't found a good door. Where did you find yours? Cute color too.

April Nielsen said...

Hey I didn't know you had a blog!!!When you added me to your facebook I actaully thought..man I wish she had a blog yah!! Congrats on getting married by the way.

Kyler and Hillary said...

I can't get over how cute you two are!!!! oh my gosh. I also really love your projects. I might have to steal your ideas sometime ;)

photography by Mikki said...

You two are always up to something major fun and creative:) Wanna do movie night soon? Or we could do some roasting marshies up the canyon or something fun too-

Jessica said...

Hey Burke and Teresa! I found your blog in a bit of a round about way, but I'm glad I did! It sounds like you guys are doing great and having a lot of fun. We need to catch up sometime, we don't live too far away so we really ought to get together sometime when you guys are free!