Thursday, August 7, 2008

There is Always a First Time for Everything

I knew it would be hard but I never knew it would be this hard. Tonight is the first night that Burke and I will be apart...let me just say that I sure miss him a lot! I had previously agreed to fill in for a girl at work which means I would be working a full day tomorrow, but tomorrow is the day that Jacob and Kassidy would become Mr. and Mrs. Baker! Burke is really good friends with Jacob so he tried really hard to get his work schedule open for tomorrow so he could go to the wedding...but unfortunately I still have to work. We decided that he should still go ahead and go down and I would be catching a ride with another friend after work.

It is nice to know that when Burke is gone I have great friends to be with! Aaron and Jenny Johnson have been great. They invited me over tonight for dinner and to watch the famous So You Think You Can Dance! It was so much fun and the food was scrumptious! Thanks guys for everything! Although I miss Burke a ton, I am glad that we were able to make things work so he could make it to the wedding and spend some quality time with his family and friends. Love you Burke and I'll See you soon!

6 comments:

kate said...

That was weird the first night to be apart from Graham. I went to my mom's for the weekend I think.. Funny! Now, I'm more used to it, because G has to go out of town for work sometimes.

Jenna Marie said...

I've only had a handful of night away. And I'm so glad. I get so freaked out. Kate- I think I went to my mom's too the first time. :) The second, I had friends (Morgan and Laura- a roomate) come and they told me all about a friend who killed herself. and then left me by my self. ya- nice... I wasn't too happy. haha. I'm glad you had good friends to be with you! Hope you had a good reunion!

cbess said...

Teresa, Believe me Burke was like a lost. He really did not know what to do with him self. But, we did have a great visit and enjoyed going to the reception with him. But we missed you too, You have become his better half ha ha Burke will not like that but, you are so good for him. Keep it up love ya Mom Bess

The Standrings said...

so good to hear from you! hope you're doing good. we need to get together soon.

Angie and Kyle said...

Hey it was so fun to see you two- even if it was just for a few minutes! While we were down I was helping Kyle's mom organize family pics and I found some of the cutest / funny ones with burke, kyle and terran when they were little! We sure have some fun husbands. :)

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

I totally know how you feel. The First time Austin was gone it was for a week. He had Scout camp. So that was a little crazy. HA HA but now I am used to it. He is gone for work things, Triathalon things, scout things...not ALL the time, but alot. So, I have actually started to enjoy the time alone :) I get alot of things done and just have ME time or girls nights. However it is always so much fun when he gets home! :)