Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Showered with Love

Moving from Provo has made me a little homesick for it and all my friends up there. My Sister Holly and long life friend Becky are amazing and gave me a shower for our little guy! It was such a blast to see everyone and spend time with family and friends we have missed. I spaced it and forgot my camera so here are a few I got from Becky's blog!

Thanks everyone for such a fun weekend...our boy will be decked out!!

(sorry the pics are a little small)

-LOVE THESE TWO GIRLS-The food was absolutely delicious! I could have a few of those desserts right about now!-Some of the people that came! So much fun to see everyone!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE

So the other week I had to do that fun Glucose test that every Pregnant women has the privilege of doing. It consists of drinking a sugar drink and then waiting an hour at the hospital and then getting your blood drawn. Not fun but I made it through in high hopes that I would pass.

The next day I found out I did not pass and would have to do another test that takes 3 hours. This time I had to fast for about 10-12 hours. I then had to go in and get my blood drawn to make sure it had been long enough. After that I had to drink another sugar drink with twice the amount of sugar then the last one. I wish they would have only had to take my blood one more time but no it was three more, every hour on the hour! Not fun but again I left hoping I had past.

The next day I received a call from the doctors office and they informed me that I had failed the test once again and now have GESTATIONAL DIABETES! Great just in time for the holidays. FUN FOR ME...not so much!

I will be meeting with a Dietitian on Monday but until then I am supposed to watch my carbs and stay within 30-45 a day. I have come to realized that that is not very much and I hope she changes it for my real diet! Pregnant women usually eat a lot you know :)!

9 comments:

Radlee and Lesa Iverson said...

Oh no! That is not fun news to hear, i'm sorry! well good job for being brave and getting your blood drawn a gazillion times :) Hope you and little baby bess are feeling ok. Diets are no fun. Food is made to eat right?!

T Daley said...

Teresa I am SOOO very sorry!!That test where they make you fast is the WORST!!I hope they let you eat more carbs than that... remind them it is almost Thanksgiving!! (I would dare say that Thanksgiving dinner is FULL of carbs)
Sorry I missed your shower but, I do have something for you (so I need your address) Maybe I should take it back and get a bigger size... you just might be having a 10 pounder too :) (I know not funny)

Em said...

Gosh I am so sorry to hear that. It wouldn't be too bad but the holidays are going to be tough. It will all be worth it once that little person is in your arms!

kate said...

Bummer! I've done 40 carbs a day. IT's HARD, but well worth it for your little guy!!

The Standrings said...

i'm so sorry teresa. i admire your attitude- you seem to be taking it very well.

thekimbo said...

I'm sorry! It's rough. Try being diabetic ALL the time, and then when you are pregnant it's even more worse. I probably wont say anything that will help, but it will be worth it. If you need any suggestions on kind of "free carbs" let me know. Cheese, eggs, meat, some veggies are free.

The Atkinson Family Blog said...

I didn't know you are only 1 week ahead of me! I am having my 2nd boy. Congrats!! Hope everything goes well!

The Anderson's said...

I'm sorry to hear that. What a bummer with the holidays so near.

Jessica said...

Teresa, that totally sucks! I hated that test, I was shaking all over and starving by the end of it, I was borderline, but not the full out thing. I'm sorry, that rough, and I totally agree with the whole holiday thing, no fun at all.