Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Vanilla Mint

I got new chap stick, Vanilla Mint Chap Stick
I put it on more often then not because of the delicious smell.

The smell under my nose reminds me of the Holidays approaching
The food (love the food), weather, colors, clothes

Excited to smell my favorite, pumpkin pie
And listen to the dancing jingles in Christmas Music
But most of all, excited to see family members that miles of road separate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We went to my 26 week appointment yesterday for Baby Bess. We can not believe how fast the time is flying by. 3 weeks is Thanksgiving, then about 4 til Christmas, then six more and he could be here! CRAZY.

Everything is going great. Heard the heart beat which is always re-assuring. On track with weight...4 more pounds can be added for a total of 21!

I had to take the fun Glucose test yesterday...not as bad as I thought but not a fun test either. Just wanted to get it over with and hope I don't have to do it again. Blood work is honestly the worst part of pregnancy so far. We also noticed for the first time last night that my ankles are slowly swelling. Do not want that but bound to happen.

Pregnancy is an experience all in its own. I have grown to really appreciate and have great respect for mothers. I am enjoying every minute of it although my attitude may show differently at times. Everyday our love for this little miracle growing inside of me is growing!

3 comments:

Radlee and Lesa Iverson said...

I'm so excited for the holidays too! Yesterday I was at Ross and a little boy pushed a button on a christmas toy and it started playing christmas music and I got so excited!! Cinnamon candles are my favorite around christmas, love the smell :)

cbess said...

What a great blog. and Yeah Vanilla mint. I can really let my mind imagine the smell! We are so excited for baby Bess as well! Enjoy your time when you do not have to share that baby all the time and you get him all to your self. I know that sounds crazy but it is really true. some times I wished I could put them back inside. I would miss the feeling of movement inside of me.

Ben & Kim said...

I need a little baby to cuddle with, could you hurry things along! I know, I know he will be here before we know it! Can't wait