Wednesday, January 13, 2010

One Month Left...REALLY?

The time has flown by! I have been so anxious to get him here and now that it is almost here I am not sure I am ready. My due date is exactly one month from today!

I have come to the realization that it will no longer just be me and Burke (of course I knew this in the beginning but it is so much more real now). No more quick late night runs to get ice cream together or just pick up and go. A baby will definitely occupy all of our time and change our lives to the extreme.

However, I am more than excited to get him here. We started a pre-natal class the other week and took a tour of the labor and delivery. I have to admit that when they were explaining how everything goes, I just about started to tear up! Every day I look forward to the first time I will get to hold him in my arms. Even better to see Burke with him, Father and Son.

The fun times we have had during this pregnancy will never be forgotten: The first time Burke felt the baby, finding out "it" turned out to be a "He," setting up the bedroom, and working on projects together. We have enjoyed all of these experiences and know that having a baby will make life even better!

I will be 36 weeks on Saturday (picture to come) and I am going to take full advantage of these weeks of having the baby all to Burke and myself....selfish right? I am going to enjoy all of his movements and the little time Burke and I have to ourselves and preparing for is arrival.

Hopefully we will get to meet him in just about 4 short weeks...Can hardly wait :)!!

7 comments:

Ashton & Nikell Dodge said...

i am so excited for you! giving birth to a baby is seriously the most amazing thing ever!!! and good to take advantage of having burke all to yourself. it will never be the same again... but it only gets better! good luck with everything! :)

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

that is so exciting! Congrats again! You will be an amazing mom! :D

Janae said...

I am so excited for you. See ya on Saturday

kate said...

Umm.. Can you make sure it's 4 weeks and no longer please? I'd love to see him when we come up on the 19th of February. :)

Wes and Lindsay said...

Oh my heck! I can't believe it is so close! That is so exciting. I have to tell you that it is so amazing when you see your cute little baby for the first time. Keep us updated and labor is not all that bad:)

Janae and Zach said...

wow cant believe you're gonna have a lil man so soon! good luck with things!

Justin and Kenzee said...

I'm so excited for you! Having my boys were the best days of my life. I'm happy to have found your blog. Can't wait to meet your new little guy, too!