Saturday, September 20, 2008

Reason to Live

We have had this plant on our doorstep for a very long time (if you have been to our house, you know which one I am talking about). For more than half the time we have had it, it has looked dead. There is a little green left at the top so Burke has insisted that we keep it. Every day I try to talk him into dupping it out. I was about to throw out the poor little guy today with out telling Burke. However, after running to the store early this morning, I noticed a little purple flower had bloomed! I guess the plant just wasn't ready to pass on...and that little flower brightened our morning. Burke had fun rubbing it in and now he insists that we keep it even longer. We can't find our camera at the moment or I would love to show you all a picture of how sad the plant looks and see what people thought about it. I am sure most of you would agree with me and it should be thrown out. We'll have to see how long it really lasts :). Anywho Burke did show faith in the sad looking plant and there ended up being a little life left in it!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I noticed it today when I came to pick you up. It looks pretty! I had a ton of fun today shopping with you. Thanks for taking it slow with Millie and Ada. I wish we weren't so busy and we could spend lots more time together!