Thursday, October 9, 2008

Conference Weekend

This past weekend was so much relaxing and fun...for some reason it felt like such a long break from school and work. On Friday night we went up to Burke's mission reunion. Awhile ago we got together with some of the Elders and one of the mission couples so it was nice to have known a few (I visited with some of the couple missionaries while he reminisced about the mission times with the Elders :)). Plus, I think every wife can agree with me, it is nice to go to a mission reunion to meet all the people you have heard so much about...after all he did spend 2 years, 24/7 with these people!


Saturday Morning Taren and Michelle Hansen came to stay with us for the remainder of the weekend. Burke and Taren are best friends so it was fun to get to know both of them a little bit more! We really enjoyed having friends stay with us and catch up on things. We went up to the Conference Center Saturday Afternnoon in hopes that we could get some tickets. We got to Salt Lake about fifteen minutes before the session started so it was'nt likely. However, Michelle and I dropped the boys off and within five minutes they called with 17 tickets in hand! I don't really know how they got them but they kept four and gave the rest out. We were left with car in the pouring rain and the boys had to go in to get their seat but left out tickets at the door. To make a long story short, we FINALLY found a spot hoping it was not an illegal one and ran with shoes and umbrella in hand (I really wish we had a picture of us :)). By the time we got to the Conference Center, we got the wrong tickets, got confronted by a man telling us we were foolish for not being inside yet, and saved by a nice host who helped us get to our husbands all safe and sound!!

Following the afternoon session we grabbed a bite to eat and dropped the boys off again for the Priesthood session to hopefully get some tickets. The same thing again happend...before we got to the end of the street we received a call with tickets in hand! They are so LUCKY! They were off to a spiritual evening and we were off to do what girls do best....shopping!

It was a great day all together and we topped it off by meeting Scott and Hilary Curtis at a restaurant (I can't remember what it is called because it wasn't any of our favorites and the service was terrible). It was so fun to see them and to have all the Boys together!


The Hansen's left after the Sunday morning session and we were up to Salt Lake for our final time....thanks Charles for getting us tickets! This time no rain, assigned parking spot and we were on time. We even had time to see this original 1847 log home, which was eventually transported to Temple Square, we had never seen before. Conference in the Conference Center was definitely worth the drive (I seem to stay awake when I am all dressed up and not in the comfort of my home). At the end of the day we went to my sister's house for dinner. Burke gave the nephews a bug catcher thing...so of course he is now the favorite :).



Sorry for such a long post but as you can tell we had a GREAT time being with friends, family, and each other! It was fun to have a little get away weekend in our own town!

5 comments:

Holly said...

I had such a great time reading about your weekend. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you guys take so many pictures. How can you ever regret that! That is so awesome that you got to see the log home, those kind of things are my favorite. Also, I need you to show me how you linked "sister" to my blog. I was very impressed. Love you so much, thanks for the butterfly catcher!

Jer & Mick said...

Looks like fun!! We were tempted to come to the mission reunion too...we would have seen ya! But travelling these days, is not my favorite!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

How fun! I have always wanted to go to conference in the conference center!! Lucky you! and what a fun weekend!! :)

kate said...

Fun! I love the yellow cardigan T!

Jenna Marie said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm jealous that you got to have fun with everyone! It's fun to see all the guys all grown up with their beautiful wives! :)