Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall Is Here For Good

I wish I had a picture of what the roads looked like when I drove to school today. It reminded me of 100 S. In St. George on a fall day on my way to Dixie State College. The color of the trees are so gorgeous and we have the brightest red bushes right out our parking garage. I love everything about Fall except the cold weather that comes with it!

This past weekend we went to St. George over Fall Break. It was definitely a break! I seem to enjoy being with the students I work with when I have had a little break from them :)...sound familiar to any of you Moms? Anyways we had an absolute blast! Burke had projects to work on so I made a table runner with my mother-on-law which turned out great (sorry for the lack of pictures. I seem to get lazy now that we lost our good camera...that's right, we still can't find it.) and went shopping with my mother to spend her gift card from her birthday! It was such a blast to do things that we normally can't do on other visits!


We did end up carving pumpkins and It was one year ago this time of year that we did the same thing (I have a picture but it was too hard to find). It was the next visit down after our engagement. Burke and I always buy one pumpkin and then want to do different faces so we decided to split the pumpkin right in half and we each carved half...I know we are weird but it was fun.

Our little niece, Sophie, was staying at the house while we were there. It was so much fun to be around her enough to get to know what she is like! She is such a fun and happy girl and communicates with you like she is five. She knows baby sign language and it is amazing! Our newest niece, Annie, was also blessed on the Sunday we were there! Now we have 8 nieces and 5 nephews all together!
It was such a fun weekend and we are so lucky that we live remotely close enough to visit all the time. Our favorite thing is to be where family is! Thanks for the great weekend!

4 comments:

T Daley said...

Hi Teresa, I miss seeing you!!!! I am glad you got to go home. We were driving through St. G and I was wondering if you would be going home over the long weekend. So... good for you and Burke. Well I hope to see you soon.

n & t said...

Hey! It was nice seeing you two this weekend! Your pumpkin looks cute! Too bad you couldn't take it home with you.

kate said...

Fun! I've got a glow boob in that picture.. Funny! :)

Byron said...

Hey you two. Fun blogspot. We have one now. hole-ypondtheresabumpinmyhai.blogspot.com hope to see you two soon. Uncle Byron