Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Eve

The next few posts are a little late but I wanted to show what we have been doing over the holidays! Christmas Eve was really fun. This year we were at my house for Christmas so there were just two couples from my family and my parents, a total of six. My Sister-in-law, Nichole is great at making gingerbread so we made houses out of real gingerbread! I have never really been the one to be great at creating gingerbread houses but It was so much fun to start from scratch and end up with an actual house :). I have not had much luck in the past so I was quite impressed with what we ended up with.As you can see from our houses Burke comes from a landscaping family and Tom comes from a carpentry family!All around it was a great experience and Burke and Tom think next time they are going to be partners and make the Monticello--you know the building on the back of the Nickel. Nichole and I spend too much time decorating so we will be together on the next house...the competition is on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, what is Tom doing in that last picture?! That was so fun, and next time we do it, we definitely have to team up! I want to see your scarf! Oh, and I heard you made a cute bag too!

Byron said...

How fun. You should make that a tradition every year. Hope to see you at the open house in Alpine.